- Oct 1: The new version of TCP-Linux with Linux kernel 2.6.22 is released.
- Sep 25: A patch that directly upgrades the NS-2 TCP-Linux based on Linux 18.104.22.168 to Linux 22.214.171.124 is provided by Greg Bigwood and Martin Bateman University of St Andrews.
- Sep 11: fixed a bug in SnoopyQueue scheduler. The bug leads to an extremely small bin-width in the hash table and finally a float-point exception when the bin-width becomes almost 0. So far, this bug has only been found in wireless simulation. The fix enforces a minimum bin-width of 1E-18. -- Thanks to Pierre Capillon at the LRSM lab at Evry (France) for reporting the problem.
- Jun 29: verified and fixed the bug on rcv_tsecr reported by Sangtae Ha. Fixed another related bug on rcv_tsval. The rcv_tsecr bug affects performance with Cubic and LP. The rcv_tsval bug affects the performance of LP. -- Thanks to Sangtae Ha for reporting the problem.
- Feb 1: The patch is updated with a bug fix in ScoreBoard1 and TcpLinux. This bug only happens in scenarios with severe packet loss and with congestion control algorithms that require micro-second timestamp. When some packets are retransmitted by mistake (early timeout, e.g.), tss table will have the timestamp of the last (retransmitted) copy of the packet. When the old packet arrives, the usrtt calculation will be wrong.
- Jan 31: A potential bug in tcp_vegas.c of Linux source code is found. This bug might leads to fairness problem of Vegas implementation in Linux.
- Dec 27: The patch is confirmed to be working with NS-2.30 by David Serafim.
- Dec 06: A fix to CUBIC proposed by Sangtae Ha. Need to apply two patches.
1. Patch to tcp_cubic.c
2. Patch to tcp-linux.cc
A detailed explanation is provided by Sangtae.
- Aug 05: Paper NS-2 TCP-Linux: An NS-2 TCP Implementation with Congestion Control Algorithms from Linux;
D. X. Wei and P. Cao; to appear in proceedings of ValueTool'06 -- Workshop of NS-2, Oct, 2006.
- Jul 21: The patch is updated with an accuracy improvement.
NS-2 TCP sets its default initial window to be 1 (by setting delay_growth_ to be true by default).
However, Linux sets to be 2.
We change the default value of delay_growth_ to be false for TCP/Linux.
-- Thanks to Salman Abdul Baset for reporting the problem!
- Jul 14: The patch is updated with a bug fix in ScoreBoard1 module.
The bug might cause "Hit strange case 2" debug messages in some rare cases:
when a partial ack acknowledges all the SACK-ed
packets with no other SACK information coming back to indicate that its
a partial ack.
So far the problem has been only observed with FreeBSD machines
but it is recommended to update the patch even with Linux) --
Thanks to Luiz Antonio F. da Silva for reporting the problem!
- Jun 15: A summary of known problems in Linux TCP modules is set up in order to help users separate the Linux bugs from algorithm design problems or bugs in NS-2 TCP-Linux.
- Jun 10: The patch is updated to support three new TCP modules in Linux: Veno, Compound and LP
- May 29: The patch is updated for a bugfix on ECN reaction - Thanks to Eryk Schiller for reporting the problem!
- May 22: A mini-tutorial for TCP Linux is written for users who want to develop their congestion control algorithms with TCP Linux.
- May 15: First version released